[Scribus] Re: pdf form

suren bharatiya
Tue Oct 18 22:32:25 CEST 2005

Am Dienstag, 18. Oktober 2005 09:27 schrieb Kite Lau:
> Asif Lodhi
> > Hi Suren,
> > AFAIK, you can _submit_ your form to an online form target resource
> > such as a Pearl script but you can't e-mail it.  You can use Scribus
> > to design submit-to-web forms that you can fill in and submit but you
> > can't save the filled-in form as it can be filled in a PDF reader only
> > (such as acroreader 7.0).
> >
> > Any comments from anyone else?
>
> Yes reader cannot let you save the filled PDF form. If you have access
> to acrobat (full version which costs money), it does save filled form.
>
> Kite
Dear Friends,
Thank you for your comments and advises. My trust lead me to the following:
(I have translated the headings/names here from German)

Step 1:
=> inserted a (PDF)CommandButton "submit" at the end of the document
=> in (pdf options)field properties: Action > Type "Send Form"
     and then in "Send Data to URL" (desktop email client already set up in adobe reader
    preferences (kmail): mailto:bharatiya at mahavidya.net
At the end generated a pdf-form
 Step 2:
in Reader 7.0
-filled in the form and
-clicked the button "submit"

The email clien is called up.
The form is attached but as *.fdf (Netscape Reader!!!!!)
Sent the mail (obviously to me)
On receiving the mail I saved the attachment under the same name test.fdf

Step 3:
in Adobe Reader 7.0
Opened test.fdf
And there was the form fill all the details in it!!!

Probably some of you might find it useful

Regards,
suren

obviously linux, what else!