[Scribus] Splitting up the properties palette? (was: scribus 1.3.0.1 spin-box)

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Sat Oct 15 00:54:36 CEST 2005

wayne schrieb:

> On Friday 14 October 2005 10:04 am, Craig Bradney wrote:
>

>>>Agree also, but why not preselect the appropriate Tab/Windows
>>>according to the task you do? When creating/moving textframes you
>>>normaly use the tab with coordinates. When editing text, you normally
>>>use the text properties. What do you think about this?
>>
>>Its been suggested before, but its inappropriate. What you are
>>suggesting, like others before, would mean that every time you selecte a
>>text frame, for example, it would switch to the text tab. What if the
>>user wants to change the line or colour settings for the frame. It makes
>>it harder, so this wont be implemented.
>>
>>Craig
>

> How about switching to the text properties whenever one double clicks on a
> text frame?
>
> Wayne

Paraphrasing two postings from Craig Bradney: What makes sense in one
specific situation might be useless in twenty others. Also, too much
"artificial intelligence" of menus will probably make things too
complicated for the developers (not that they weren't be able to solve
the problems, but I suppose the time could be better used for other
things) and for users as well.

I was very happy when Craig wrote that something like in GIMP is what is
  planned. It makes a lot of sense and provides advanced users with the
needed flexibility. This is more important too much "auto x" here, "auto
y" there.

Cheers,

Christoph