[Scribus] Application transferred too many scanned lines

Martin Kavec kavec
Fri Oct 14 23:07:18 CEST 2005

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005, PLinnell wrote:

> On Friday 14 October 2005 22:19, Martin Kavec wrote:
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> after about a year I need to use scribus (again) to prepare a
>> presentation. Since then I changed linux distribution to Gentoo,
>> and, unfortunately, I am in troubles running any later versions of
>> scribus: 1.2.2.1 - 1.3.1. If I insert any type of image into a
>> picture frame and try to export a document into pdf, processor goes
>> to 100%, I get a message "Application transferred too many scanned
>> lines" on the KDE konsole and I have to kill the application
>> window. This problem is 100% reproducible on two different gentoo
>> linux boxes. If I google for the message, I get few hits on
>> jpeg-library.
>>
>> I am hoping that anybody could give me idea how to fix the problem.
>> I would very much appreciate it.
>>
>> Martin
>
> Hi,
>
> It sounds possibly like a problem jpeg. Can you attach it or them to a
> bug report on http://bugs.scribus.net ?

thanks for fast response, Peter. I start Scribus-1.3.1 from the console. I
create an A4 document (all the default settings),
insert image frame and "Get an image" and save it as pdf (all
the default setting). As soon as I push the button I get following
messages written on the console:

JPEG parameter struct mismatch: library thinks size is 468, caller expects
464
JPEG parameter struct mismatch: library thinks size is 468, caller expects
464
JPEG parameter struct mismatch: library thinks size is 468, caller expects
464
JPEG parameter struct mismatch: library thinks size is 468, caller expects
464
Application transferred too many scanlines

Thanks a lot.

Martin