[Scribus] Application transferred too many scanned lines

Martin Kavec kavec
Fri Oct 14 22:19:52 CEST 2005

Hello everybody,

after about a year I need to use scribus (again) to prepare a
presentation. Since then I changed linux distribution to Gentoo, and,
unfortunately, I am in troubles running any later versions of scribus:
1.2.2.1 - 1.3.1. If I insert any type of image into a picture frame and
try to export a document into pdf, processor goes to 100%, I get a
message "Application transferred too many scanned lines" on the KDE
konsole and I have to kill the application window. This problem is 100%
reproducible on two different gentoo linux boxes. If I google for the
message, I get few hits on jpeg-library.

I am hoping that anybody could give me idea how to fix the problem. I
would very much appreciate it.

Martin