[Scribus] Xara Xtreme

frank gaude' tanzen
Wed Oct 12 20:04:12 CEST 2005

I downloaded the free, full-featured Xara (15-day trial). Wow, again,
that's all I can say. This is a fast, fast full-up drawing and photo
handling program. Mature, handling text and type well, with feathering,
transprency, shadowing, and unbelievable ease of use. For what I do it
replaces Inkscape, GIMP, and Scribus. Xara has drag and drop from its
photo browser to itself. Like the publishers have been saying: It's an
Adobe and Microsoft graphics-app killer. And it has CorelDRAW! origins
as I can see by using it.

But, and there always seems to be a "but", it is not ready for Linux
yet, and may take a year for it to get to the level of the trial version
I'm testing (Windows XP). <sigh>

Frank