[Scribus] on scribus 1.3.2cvs on MacOSX

Roberto roberto
Tue Oct 11 20:45:02 CEST 2005

Andreas

Many thanks for your effort to keep scribus aqua up-to-date.
This newer version surely feels better than the previous one. However I
still find scribus-aqua so slow. From loading simple text sla documents
to creating boxes and dragging things around - everything visibly lags.
I know this is to be considered beta software for now, but I feel kind
of disappointed at Scribus-aqua speed on my Dual 2 GHz G5 workstation.
You mentioned "another patch which came up only after the 1.3.1 release
that is a clean-up to eventhandling by MrB which enhances speed
drastically." Could you release another bundle including this patch?

At this point, my doubt is: can we really expect scribus aqua to reach
the same performance it has on Linux? Is this speed issue only a problem
with the current stage of development or with QT apps running natively
on Aqua?

Don't get me wrong. I really am a supporter of OSS and I look forward to
the time when I can switch to scribus for all my DTP needs. I'm just a
little anxious to see things happen.

best regards,