[Scribus] ughh... OpenOffice text document ??

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Thu Oct 6 00:14:47 CEST 2005

> On Thursday 06 October 2005 00:03, stu seven wrote:
>> *** this jargon is too new for me... what difference
>> *** between "doc" or "text with styles" ?
>> *** When you are saying, "importing from OO.o"
>> *** perhaps... this is just a guess... Openoffice
>> *** has to be open with the document or something ?
>> *** But, to answer you, no, I haven't seen anything
>> *** at all, but for OO draw files.
>
> Are these ***s necessary?
>
> Anyway, right click on your text frame, select your oo.org sxd or odt file to
> import and click ok.
>
> Craig

I don't think this answers Stu's last question. The OO.o importer for
sxw and odt does not import the document itself. As you probably know,
Stu, word processor files can contain a lot of things, pictures or
tables, for instance. They are also formatted a certain way (think of
page formatting and the like). Scribus will import only the text from
OO.o files, inlcuding paragraph styles. Even if you don't apply any
paragraph style in an OO.o doucument yourself, at least "Standard" is
applied by default and will be imported into scribus.

Cheers,

Christoph