[Scribus] preferences / only sometimes ?

Louis Desjardins louisdesjardins
Wed Oct 5 03:37:39 CEST 2005

>Existing ones will retain what was set when they were created.
>Re-saving these will inherit the new settings.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Peter

Hi Peter,

I have a concern with this last statement. Just want to make sure
there is no misunderstanding on my part. I don't have 1.3. handy so I
can't check.

>Existing [documents] will retain what was set when they were created.

This is expected.

>Re-saving these [documents] will inherit the new settings.

This is not expected unless you make that choice.

This means that if I chose to set, say, the small caps to a given
percentage in document A, and then for some reasons I changed these
settings to create document B, then when I reopen and edit document A
and then save again, A is using the settings of B instead of keeping
its own? I think that unless it is specifically stated by the user,
the settings for any existing document should remain the same through
the life of this document, no matter how many times it is opened,
edited and saved.

What do you think?

Louis