[Scribus] Re: Scribus migration project - issue list

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Tue Oct 4 22:05:59 CEST 2005

Hi Gustavo,

congratulations to your decision, although I, personally, would not risk
betting my business on a development version. I hope it will work for
you, though.

As for your questions:

> 1 - How can an image be scaled without using its properties window? The
> desired feature would be to scale it using the mouse by dragging one of
> its edges. Can this be done only through "Scale to frame size"?

You can set "Scale to frame" as the default behaviour in the Preferences
dialog. This means the image will be scaled with the frame, unless you
wish to do otherwise.

> 2 - Can an image be copied from one frame to another? Instead of doing a
> "Get image" again.

No, not at this point in time, as far as I can tell. Personally I don't
see any disadvantage here. You can either copy the image frame or get
the image from the context menu. If you have assembled images for a
project properly, this would be not much faster or slower than copy and
paste (count the mouse clicks or keyboard hits).

> 3 - Is there a keyboard shortcut to change the font size? And to scale
> an image?

AFAIK, no.

> 4 -  Is there some way to scale the text frames proportionally with the text
> (as with ctrl+shift) but with the aspect ratio locked ? (useful for change
> sizes without deforming)

There is a bug report for this feature already, IIRC. Would you mind
checking for it? In case I'm wrong, feel free to add one yourself.

> 5 - Can some sort of style box be created to avoid using the Editor all
> the time?

I suppose you mean something like in QXP? That would be a useful
feature, indeed. I don't know if it is already planned for the time
after the introduction of the new file format. Please file a bug report.

Hope that helps,

Christoph