[Scribus] Booklet Printing

Peter Nermander m8130
Tue Oct 4 08:07:14 CEST 2005

> Yah, I just tried to take a tri-fold doc and use multivalent to impose
> it - it doesn't do three pages on one sheet!!

Are you sure? What command line did you use? I haven't tried, but something like
too.pdf.Impose -dim 3x1 -layout 1,2,3
should work (page order might have to be changed in the -layout switch).

> http://nashi.altmuehlnet.de/pipermail/scribus/2003-October/002438.html

Ok, that might work for simple 2-up layouts, but that's the easiest imposition
to do. For almost all other impositions you have to rotate the pages.

Byt the layer approach was something I had not thought of.

> At the time, the psutils tools were not considered the best solution. I haven't
> seen that expressed lately, so I don't know if they've become easier to use
> correctly for print output.

I haven't used psutils for creating PDFs, so I can't tell. But if I understood
things right the problem was that ps2pdf did not embed fonst (but as far as I
know psutils keeps all embedded fonts, so another tool to make a pdf from the ps
would solve that problem.

But psutils are NOT easy to use (that's why I wrote a script to create the
command lines for the impositions:-).

/Peter