[Scribus] Linux Font Editor?

Andreas Vox vox
Mon Oct 3 10:19:41 CEST 2005

Peter wrote:

> > > the font have them in "proper" locations? My experience with Word
> is that
> > > it is a real pain to insert special characters from unicode fonts.
> (And
> > > it's a pain also with Scribus, at least this far.)
>
> > Why is it a pain?
>
> Becase if the characters are spread out in the font it takes forever
> to write a
> "word" using Insert->Glyph (clicking and clicking), or you have to
> remember the
> hex unicode chars.
>
> Of course you can create keyboard shortcuts (at least in MS Word), but
> then you
> get a non-standard way of inserting them.

What about abusing the autocorrect function, eg. ",th" -> IPA thorn
etc.?

> For single special characters it's not as much pain, but for IPA I
> think you
> usually want to write longer words with the special characters.

So what's the proper way to enter IPA symbols? Is there a standard
mapping to the normal latin keys?

> /Peter

Peter, you just have the wrong given name for this style of signature.
:-P
Take a look at the nice kerning I get with mine:

/Andreas