[Scribus] Linux Font Editor?

Peter Nermander m8130
Mon Oct 3 10:05:26 CEST 2005

> > the font have them in "proper" locations? My experience with Word is that
> > it is a real pain to insert special characters from unicode fonts. (And
> > it's a pain also with Scribus, at least this far.)

> Why is it a pain?

Becase if the characters are spread out in the font it takes forever to write a
"word" using Insert->Glyph (clicking and clicking), or you have to remember the
hex unicode chars.

Of course you can create keyboard shortcuts (at least in MS Word), but then you
get a non-standard way of inserting them.

For single special characters it's not as much pain, but for IPA I think you
usually want to write longer words with the special characters.

/Peter