[Scribus] Another happy user

Johan Herland johherla
Mon Oct 3 00:30:04 CEST 2005

Hi,

I just want to say that even though I haven't done any DTP work in more
than 5 years, and my overall DTP skills are rudimentary at best, I was
still able to layout a 96-page print-ready anthology of texts from
young norwegian authors with Scribus!

The book(let) contains text imported from OpenOffice, colors and
pictures and even crop marks and bleeding, and the best thing is that I
did all on my spare time (of which there is not much) over the course
of a week.

A big "thank you" to the Scribus developers and all the rest of you who
make Scribus such a great piece of quality software!

...Johan

PS: A small feature request: It should be possible to substitute Scribus
styles for OpenOffice styles when importing OpenOffice documents (so
that I wouldn't have to rename my OpenOffice styles beforehand). The
current behaviour either corrupts my existing styles, or adds a lot
styles which I then have to manually convert to my predefined Scribus
styles (which removes any inline styling such as a single italicized
word, etc.). In other words: When I import OpenOffice docs, Scribus
sometimes prompts me for font substitutions (because of missing fonts).
What I want is something similar for styles...

--
Johan Herland, <johherla at online.no>
www.herland.net