[Scribus] TIFF Problem in PDF?

Calum Polwart scribus
Sat Oct 1 18:42:08 CEST 2005

I wrote a newsletter about 2 months ago using Scribus (1.3).  Thanks
firstly to those who helped with my numerous issues importing SVG/EPS
graphics to get tables in.

When it eventually came back from the printers I've never been so
ashamed in all my life.  The print quality bwas appalling.  From what I
can gather they couldn't get it to print at all, and the best I can
guess to describe how they fixed it was the copy the pages that wouldn't
print from Acrobat as images and paste them into a new document...
...the result was loads of pages that looked like they'd been dot-matrix
printed!  We've been tryign to investigate what went wrong
(unfortunately I don't deal with the printers I provide someone the file
on CD and they deal...) and today I've been building a layer by layer
pdf to find the problem staring with just plain text, then adding SVG's,
lines etc... each time exporting a new pdf.

I appear to have created a pdf that simply refuses to print.  It opens
fine in LinuxAcrobatReader7 - but when you print it the printer rejects
the job.  Tried two different printers -same problem.  The file has a
TIFF graphic in it.  I've changed that to a JPEG of the same image and
it works fine ... ...is this a known bug with either scribus or acrobat?

Calum