[Scribus] Linux Font Editor?

Robert Memering memering
Sat Oct 1 00:15:12 CEST 2005

Hi John,

I know the problem (I'm a Linguist).
In my opinion the only way to produce quality text
that satisfies all the needs of proper typography
*and* to have IPA symbols (all of them) is LaTeX.

I have been lecturing on phonetics and phonology at
university in the summer term and I had no problems
of this sort at all, because I used LaTeX (with the
TIPA package).

I know that many people don't want to start using
LaTeX because they think it's too difficult or
cumbersome to use. But I think it's definitely worth
the effort. And: after more than fifteen years it is
still superior to professional (and expensive)
software in many ways. IPA Symbols, for example.

Have your mouth watered by the TIPA manual (esp. by the
specimens):

http://ftp.ktug.or.kr/tex-archive/fonts/tipa/tipaman.pdf

Regards,
Robert Memering