[Scribus] Invisible Doc window in Aqua?

Andreas Vox avox
Wed Nov 30 21:24:20 CET 2005

Netkat wrote:
> I downloaded that file, but when I launch the Scribus application
> (after opening the archive) I get nothing but beachball..
> splash screen comes up, and it never gets beyond Creating Font Cache..

Any output in Console.app?

> I left all other components where they were (library items)

You can try re-installing Fontconfig2.framework from the
aqua.scribus.net,
running
/Library/Frameworks/Fontconfig2.framework/Versions/A/bin/fc-cache -fv
and starting Scribus again.

/Andreas

PS: depending on your number of fonts, the first start of Scribus or
even running fc-cache might take a long time.