[Scribus] scribus splash screen issue

Chris Smith chris
Fri Nov 18 22:27:02 CET 2005

On Friday 18 November 2005 04:15 pm, Craig Bradney wrote:
> Unsure, but, you can click on it to make it go away, just try to
> click before the font scan starts.

Thanks. Yes. Clicking it does make it go away.

> 1.3.2cvs has a font information
> cache so startup times should be shorter. Are you sure it isnt
> following you to the desktop you move to?

That's hard to say. It's always there but I don't see any indication for
any desktop, even the active one when the app is launched, in my pager
until the app is up and running.

With most other apps the splash screen remains on the active desktop at
launch but the application will open up on whatever desktop I have
moved to since the app launch (which is a different source of
annoyance, maybe that's configurable somewhere in kde but I haven't
found it).

Chris