[Scribus] Required Versions of tkinter and python-imaging?

Taj Morton tajmorton
Thu Nov 17 19:24:33 CET 2005

On 11/17/05, Craig Ringer <craig at postnewspapers.com.au> wrote:
> If you've built Scribus on a system with Python, then run
> it on a system without, Scribus will gracefully ignore the Python
> support
So it's a "soft-link recommended dependency". Thanks for the info.

> My suggestion would be to build against 2.4 and document the fact that
> Python support in Scribus will be unavailable without a local install of
> Python . Similarly, I'd tell the user that they must install
> python-imaging and Tkinter to get full functionality out of the bundled
> scripts.
What about statically linking libpython? Would that work? I'm already
statically linking lcms, libtiff, and fontconfig because their
interface versioning is really messed up.

Thanks,
--
Taj
http://www.wildgardenseed.com/Taj/blog