[Scribus] Required Versions of tkinter and python-imaging?

Craig Ringer craig
Thu Nov 17 11:45:47 CET 2005

Taj Morton wrote:

>Hello,
>I am working on an Autopackage <http://autopackage.org> of Scribus 1.3
>which I will release after Autopacakge 1.2 is out and hopefully find a
>Scribus developer to maintain it.
>
>Regardless, I need a little help getting the required versions of
>dependencies that Scribus requires. Specifically, I need the required
>versions of tkinter and python-imaging. Anybody know?

It probably won't matter much. I think Tkinter, at least, is very
compatible across versions - it largely wraps the very stable Tcl/Tk
toolset. Remember that you need Tcl and Tk as well. Python-imaging is
produced by Pythonware, and as a commercial product I expect they make
an effort to keep it API-compatible.

Both tools are used by the supplied Python scripts. The Python interface
its self does not require them, nor does the core application.

Are you planning on shipping your own copy of Python?

--
Craig Ringer