[Scribus] Docks vs. Windows

Craig Bradney cbradney
Tue Nov 15 11:27:59 CET 2005

On Tuesday 15 November 2005 11:07, Petr Van?k wrote:
> > Pardon my ignorance. Scribus is one of the few QT or KDE apps I
> > regularly use (along with Konqueror). How are the "docks" in kivio
> > implemented?
>
> Scribus is pure Qt app. It doesn't use anything from kdelibs. Kivio is
> KDE/KOFFICE app so it uses kdelibs *and* kofficelibs. We cannot use
> this stuff without more dependencies...
>
> BTW I would like to see Scribus integrated into KDE but it's only my
> oppinion ;)

Most of the devs do in fact use KDE, and most of us would like more
integration like Petr does, however the other environments that do not use
KDE are very important too.

The Kivio dock stuff works, we did actually have a test version using those
docks, however it didnt perform well and didnt suit Scribus.

Craig