[Scribus] color management for local printing

PLinnell mrdocs
Sat Nov 12 14:05:08 CET 2005

On Saturday 12 November 2005 06:12, Matt Haber wrote:
> Most of the discussion about color management and Scribus has
> related to generation of PDFx/3. What I need most often is color
> managed printing to local printers, ie epson desktop printers.
> Would the proper procedure be to select the ICC profile applicable
> to the printer/paper combination? If so, are there particular
> settings that i would need to check in the printer driver?
>
> -matt
> --
> Matt Haber
> dance, portrait and fashion photography
> http://www.matthaber.com

Hi,

Some clarifications:

The Epsons, which models and what are platform are your printing on. ?

Some Epsons, the pro level proofers for example, are true CMYK
printers, often with their own color management/calibration app.

Others expect RGB data and do the RGB >CMYK conversion in their
driver/firmware.

If you have 'canned' profiles which came with your Windows or Mac
driver disk, those might work OK.

Peter

Peter