[Scribus] Outdated Scribus 1.2.x and 1.3.x Translations

Craig Bradney cbradney
Mon Nov 7 21:57:31 CET 2005

Hi  Everyone,

I am writing to alert the translators, past and/or present, to the fact we now
have quite a few translations outdated to the point of probably not even
worth using anymore.

The list is as follows: (based on a translation % of <50)
1.2.x:
Basque
Bulgarian
Hungarian
Indonesian
Korean
Lithuanian
Simplified Chinese
Spanish (Latin)
Turkish

1.3.x:
Afrikaans
Albanian
Basque
Bulgarian
Czech
Dutch
Esperanto
Hungarian
Indonesian
Korean
Lithuanian
Serbian
Simplified Chinese
Spanish
Spanish (Latin)
Turkish
Welsh

Some of them are bordering on the rediculous at < 1% completed. You may view
the statistics at:
http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=transstats
or
http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=transstats13

Would the people who are/were responsible for the languages in the 1.2.x list
please make contact with me to elt me know if you are still interested in
continuing/restarting the translation. This is a stable branch and strings
are not changing often.

For the 1.3.x, we understand that things are changing rapidly, but even so,
there are many that are really not even worth including with the software. We
could drop the file size of the versions if we were to stop including some of
these files. However, of course we would like them to be recompleted.

So, perhaps there are people that know translators of some of these languages,
or are interested in picking up the translation. ***Please*** contact me so
we can start some of these off again.

best regards, and thanks to all translation contributors past and present.

Craig