[Scribus] Problems with Aqua

Andreas Vox avox
Wed Nov 2 19:48:25 CET 2005

Tomk32 wrote:
> Caleb Rodriguez wrote:
> > I do not know if I am missing something. I am using 1.3.2cvs Aqua.
> The
> > program loads fine and I even get to start a new page. The problem is
> > that I cannot see the page on screen.  I am running Mac OSX 10.4.
>
> for some obscure reason there's a install_MacOSX.sh

No, this is *only* for people who compile Scribus from CVS, not for the
snapshots.
It is created by the other script "configure.MacOSX" and is provided
without warranty for people who know what they are doing.

> run it, and start scribus via Finder.app
> running it from Terminal.app makes trouble, don't know why.

It's mentioned in the Qt docs that Qt/Mac applications have to be
started via LaunchServices, ie. via Finder or with "open Scribus.app/".
Otherwise focus is not transfered and the menubar stays Terminal' one.

/Andreas