[Scribus] Aqua Scribus

Martin Costabel costabel
Tue Nov 1 23:03:40 CET 2005

PLinnell wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 November 2005 21:41, G?rard Gosme wrote:
>> Until know, I was using the X11 version of Scribus on my Mac(  OS X
>> 10.3.9).
>> I am trying to switch to the Aqua version. After having downloaded
>> the 10.3.1 version and installed the requested frameworks in
>> Library/Frameworks, I tried to run it, but it went down with the
>> following diagnostic:
>>
>> "Il n'y a pas de polices convenablement install?es sur le syst?me."

> Hi,
>
> Have a look at: http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=2362 for hints.

Also, sometimes simply running

   sudo fc-cache

solves strange font problems. This command is, in principle, run by the
Apple installer when you install the system, but the Apple installer
runs its scripts in an environment that even Apple engineers don't
understand, and the result is that often the corresponding cache files
are not created.

--
Martin