[Scribus] Transparenz fuer Buchstaben und Ziffern/Transparency for letters

Michael G. Schmidt pinguin
Tue May 31 10:15:48 CEST 2005

Craig Ringer wrote:

>>>Thank you Owen! :)
>>>I want to lay a big  "40" over a picture;)
>>>

>>Well, what I would do is;
>>
>>1. Make a 'big 40' in Inkscape and export it as a png
>>2. Make another layer over your picture
>>3. Place the 40 image on the layer and adjust to size
>>4. Make the background "None"
>>5. Adjust the opacity to suit.
>>
>>There are probably easier ways.
>>

>Yep.
>
>Create a text frame, put the text in it, adjust colour, size etc to
>suit. Go to Properties->Colours and set Opacity to something suitable
>like 30%.
>
>If you want to do more fancy work with the letters than the normal text
>styles will allow, you can convert the letters to outlines; that'll let
>you edit the letter shapes themselves.

Hi Craig and Owen! :)
Thank you both for your help very much!
Yes, I just have converted my letters to outlines and set the text to
the colour white.
But this way it overlayed my picture.;)
I'm going to try your way.

Is there a possibility to use colour gradient _only_ for letters?

Michael