[Scribus] ./configure's Python Dir option

Craig Ringer craig
Mon May 30 09:40:32 CEST 2005

On Sun, 2005-05-29 at 21:23 -0700, Asif Lodhi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have compiled/installed Python under my home-directory prefx.
> Should I specify the actual "bin" directory (under my home tree) where
> the python executable is lying or the main "--prefix" (top
> installation directory under my home directory) instead in order to
> get the ./configure pick up the python version that I want?

Specify the prefix.

It is important to note that setting the python dir will usually require
you to have LD_LIBRARY_PATH pointing to the right version of Python at
runtime, since Scribus dynamically links to Python. If they're different
major versions, this is fuss free, but if they're the same major version
(e.g. 2.3) then you must ensure that the correct one is _first_ in the
library search path. The path in LD_LIBRARY_PATH must be to the lib/
subdirectory.

--
Craig Ringer