[Scribus] [Scripter] Some issues

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Fri May 27 21:50:33 CEST 2005

Craig Ringer wrote:

> Cezio Statkiewicz wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I'm working with Scribus to make some ID's with scripter. I have some
>> questions about scripter API:
>
>> 2) Is there any way to create a document from a template (not page
>> from page template) or copy current layout from one page to another?
>>

> Document templates are the same as any other document; you can just
> open the template using the scripter, saveAs(...) and proceed as
> normal. I honestly don't recall re cloning a page - it'd certainly be
> good, but I don't recall if there's a way to do it from the scripter yet.

With the way that scripter can work, you may not need a "template",
since you can place objects where you want on each page, then do this
repetitively with a loop.

>> 3) I've found that images inserted with scripter don't have 'visible'
>> attribute set, so there's a need to make them 'visible' manually.
>>

> That's interesting. 1.2.x or 1.3 ? I haven't seen this myself, but I
> haven't been doing much with the scripter or with Scribus in general
> lately (too busy with uni and work).

I haven't had a problem with this in 1.2 or 1.3 -- here are the commands
I have used:
    f = createImage(xcoord, ycoord, width, height)
    loadImage(filename, f)
    setScaleImageToFrame(scaletoframe=1, proportional=1, name=f)   #if
you want this
    .
    .
    setRedraw(1)   # maybe you need these at the end somewhere
    redrawAll()      # to show your images

TPFKAG