[Scribus] DTP file standard?

Riku Leino tsoots
Fri May 27 20:09:49 CEST 2005

zee <zeekey at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I know that Quark and Adobe would howl at this thought, but what about
> the idea of pushing for a
> DTP file standard?
>
> Is that on the plate? I'd think a lingua franca format would be
> conceptually in line with the whole notion of open source software..

Don't know about the standard but with the new file format we are going to
implement a new file reader/writer system that will allow an easy custom file
reader/writer creation for other file formats (this doesn't mean we'd make
any other than scribus' file loaders/writers but the feature is there for
people to use). About the new Scribus file format, it's still open how
exactly will it look like. I think there's a discussion page about it in the
wiki where I suggest everybody interested would give their views on the
subject.