[Scribus] Compiling Scribus on Ubuntu with apt-get -b problems :-(

Oleksandr Moskalenko malex
Tue May 24 18:22:02 CEST 2005

* Julian Robbins <julian.robbins at q-par.com> [2005-05-24 14:02:18 +0100]:

> On Tue, May 24, 2005 13:42, Sergio Cambra said:
> > El Martes, 24 de Mayo de 2005 13:21, Julian Robbins escribi???:
> >> After installing a multitude of dev packages, it was happy to go ahead
> >> and compile.
> >>
> >> But I get an error 'Qt (>=Qt3.3) (libraryqt-mt) not found
> >> Make sure you have compiled QT with thread support'
> >
> > Do you have libqt3-mt-dev and libqt3c102-mt?
> >
> > Sergio
>
> Hi Sergio
>
> I have both of these debs.

Julian,

Please run "apt-get build-dep scribus". It should install all necessary
developmental files for scribus compilation.

Quoting from the apt-get man page:
"build-dep causes apt-get to install/remove packages in an attempt to satisfy
the build dependencies for a source  package."

Make sure you have "build-essential" installed on your system.

Cheers,

Alex