[Scribus] ligatures in Scribus

Peter Nermander peter.nermander
Tue May 24 18:16:22 CEST 2005

> It should be reversible. I have to see the diferrences betwen designs and
> after seeing deciding what is best.

Yes, use of ligatures or not is not a matter of replacing characters in the text, it's a matter of choosing glyph for "rendering".

In my opinion the characters present in the text should NOT change. (Because then you can not copy the text and paste it into a text editor or similar.)

If I have the letter "ff" in the text they shall remain there, but if the font has an ff-ligature they should be visually presented using that ligature.

How does PDFs handle ligatures? If a text has the "ff" ligature and I select and copy that text, will I get two f:s or an ff-ligature when I paste it into some other program?

/Peter