[Scribus] Accents in pt_BR (iso8859-1)

PLinnell mrdocs
Tue May 24 15:18:11 CEST 2005

On Thursday 19 May 2005 21:07, Craig Bradney wrote:
> On Thursday 19 May 2005 14:54, Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter wrote:
> > Of course.
> > I'm using a plain default Fedora Core 3, Gnome 2.8
> >
> > Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.11-1.14_FC3 #1 Thu Apr 7 19:23:49
> > EDT 2005 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
> >
> > Every update released until today.
> > I have KDE installed, but it's not my default WM. If I reboot and
> > stat with KDE (but still using GDM), the problem stay same.
> >
> > My i18n file (in /etc/sysconfig) contains:
> >
> > LANG="pt_BR.ISO-8859-1"
> > SUPPORTED="pt_BR.iso-8859-1:pt_BR:br:pt:en_US.UTF-8:en_US:en"
> > SYSFONT="latarcyrheb-sun16"
> >
> > my LANG enviroment variable says:
> > LANG=pt_BR.ISO-8859-1
>
> Ok, I think we have been able to replicate this at last.
>
> Try three combinations please:
> LANG=pt_BR
> LANG=pt_BR.ISO-8859-1
> LANG=pt_BR.UTF-8
>
> Please let us know which ones work, if any, and which dont.
>
> thanks
> Craig

An update.

We have discovered the problem lies in the way Qt processes input, but
a solution and testing the fix is complex.

Complicating the fix is the way Qt is built by various distros.
Koffice and Lyx to name two are apps which have encountered the same
issue.

The LANG variable and your keyboard settings also plays a part in this
as well.

See: http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=1908

Peter