[Scribus] Scribus CVS on Ubuntu ?

Oleksandr Moskalenko malex
Mon May 23 22:53:36 CEST 2005

* Sergio Cambra <sergio at ensanjose.net> [2005-05-23 19:42:39 +0200]:

> Julian Robbins escribi?:
> >Hi
> >
> >I've been trying to use the Debian CVS snapshots on my Ubuntu Hoary box.
> >The problem is that it requires slightly newer versions of
> >libqt3c102-mt, ie
>
> I use apt-get source -b scribus scribus-cvs
>
> Sergio

Bingo. I don't use versioned depends on either one of the libraries you
mentioned in scribus or scribus-cvs packages beyond asking for libqt to be
higher than 3.1.1, so a simple rebuild from the source packages, which is what
Sergio suggested, should get you through just fine and you won't loose the
benefits of package management. This is a safe and effective way to go.

Cheers,

Alex