[Scribus] PDF bookmark linking

Eric P eric.maillist
Thu May 19 07:00:31 CEST 2005

Ulp... I think I had my terminology mixed up.  It appears an annotation
might be what I was after.

I do still have a couple questions though.

#1 When I make a text element a PDF annotation, the link is there in the
generated PDF, but the text disappears.  Is that normal?  I kinda
thought it would work like a web link (i.e., change color when you
hover, etc.).

#2 Is there a way to customize the bookmark text (what'll show up in the
bookmark's tab) to differ from the bookmarked text element?

#3 If I have a page with an image covering the entire page.  I'd like it
to have a bookmark.  Can I just hide a text element behind the image and
make it a PDF bookmark?  Is there a 'cleaner' way to approach this
(since it doesn't seem that graphic elements can be a PDF bookmark)?

Thanks,
Eric P.