[Scribus] pdf table import

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Wed May 18 19:02:01 CEST 2005

Louis Desjardins wrote:

> Farid Elyahyaoui a ?crit :
>
>> I want to make a menu table of dishes, ingredients and prices and
>> tried using the table feature of scribus but it is not "finished" yet
>> for fast table creation and editing. I tried to use openoffice to
>> create a pdf with a table and import it in scribus but the only way I
>> found was to draw a picture frame and then use the "get picture"
>> function and select the pdf file. this doesn't work however and the
>> picture frame displays only the big red cross.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong here?
>> Is there another method for fast table creation/import?
>

> Suggestion: you can achieve this with tabs.

I wonder whether there could be consideration of developing an ability
for Scribus to import from an SQL database.
I use Postgresql, which can tailor the output to simple text or html.
Attached are a couple of examples of an old psql table I found, then
made two files from, one in text output, one in html.  It should be much
easier to import from these than from either oocalc or Excel.  Perhaps
scripts could be written, if they had the right commands to work with.

TPFKAG

Apologies for sending the html, but I wanted to allow people see the
markup commands that psql generates. As you can see, it's really just
the table coding in html, not an entire webpage.