[Scribus] Accents in pt_BR (iso8859-1)

Craig Bradney cbradney
Tue May 17 23:58:50 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 17 May 2005 23:51, jb wrote:
> Don't know if it's the same problem, but I cannot type french accentuated
> characters in text frames (Scribus 1.3 cvs). Typing a accentuated e (?) or
> a (?) makes the properties palette disappear or appear. Looks like
> accentuated characters are assigned to a shortcut.
> Typing these characters in the story editor works fine.

This doesnt get better does it.. hmm

Typing any accented character here works perfectly.
E is the shortcut to go into edit mode when you arent already there.

> If I go in the shortcut and try to assign "?" it says it is already
> assigned... Tried to find the code responsible for default shortcuts but
> could'nt find it...

When I go to reassign it to ? it assigns it perfectly.

The default shortcuts are in actionmanager.cpp, and while they are stored in
the preferences file, they are reloaded from the defaults on every restart at
this point in time to make sure people get the new ones all the time as they
are changing quite often. See my comments on about line 255 of scribus.cpp if
you want to turn that overwriting off locally.

Craig