[Scribus] pdf table import

Farid Elyahyaoui frietfriet
Tue May 17 22:00:40 CEST 2005

first of all: scribus kicks bottom! It is the program I was waiting for.
now a question:
I want to make a menu table of dishes, ingredients and prices and tried using the table feature of scribus but it is not "finished" yet for fast table creation and editing. I tried to use openoffice to create a pdf with a table and import it in scribus but the only way I found was to draw a picture frame and then use the "get picture" function and select the pdf file. this doesn't work however and the picture frame displays only the big red cross.
What am I doing wrong here?
Is there another method for fast table creation/import?
Farid