[Scribus] XML to PDF to XML!

Suki Venkat, [TnQ] skvenkat
Tue May 17 12:08:58 CEST 2005

Hi,

I renamed *.sla to *.xml and opened it in emacs nxml mode and its fine.
One of the nice things about Scribus is that it does modern PDF -
article threading and tagged PDF. I tried to make tagged PDF using
Scribus version 1.2.1. I found that the double ell ("ll") some how turns
into a graphic when viewed in Acrobat Professional tag view, the rest of
the text is okay. Will things like ligatures, soft-hyphens(introduced by
H&J) turn into graphic or will they retain their UTF-8 unicode values in
PDF? Acrobat Professional has a save as *.xml option and my hope is to
one day get back that the unicode text flow in *.sla file I put in the
first place to make PDF. Do you think that it is possible one day or am
I day dreaming?

Suki