[Scribus] PDF/X-3 Option 'Disabled'

Louis Desjardins louisdesjardins
Sun May 8 22:28:44 CEST 2005

Hi again,

Just want to go over the basics.

1. As a very first step, you need to make sure littlecms is
installed. You can check this in the About Scribus menu where you'll
note the compilation date. There are capital letters following the
date. One of them stands for littlecms and tooltips are there to
assist. If this is not the case, nothing else will be of any use. How
to install this properly is beyond me. But I know docs.scribus.net
must be pretty clear. :)

2. Then, as bostjan points out, you need ICC profiles, both CMYK and
RGB in the same directory. You have to tell Scribus where to locate
this directory.

3. Only then will you be able to activate Color Management (from my

4. Then, you will have access to PDF/X-3.

Hope this clarifies!

Louis