[Scribus] Printing Scribus at Kinko's

Louis Desjardins louisdesjardins
Fri May 6 13:05:03 CEST 2005

>What's the best way to print out a Scribus document at Kinko's copy center?
>They're strictly a Windows/Mac shop but I need to use their b&w laser
>printer, which is capable of printing 11" x 17" sheets. What software and
>what format (eps? pdf?) should I use for best results?

Hi Wayne,

Any shop capable of handling PDFs can handle PDF created with Scribus.

Scribus PDF works perfectly. I haven't had *any* single issue on
Xerox Docucolors (various models). Make sure to *embed all fonts*.
Proofing the resulting PDF must be part of your workflow as well.

At early stages of document layout, you must know on which printer
this is going to be printed and keep reasonable margins.

More on http://docs.scribus.net/

HTH

Louis