[Scribus] quality images for press (digital camera? cheap/freeonline stock s? scan?)

Tino Schwarze scribus.lists
Fri May 6 08:51:56 CEST 2005

On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 02:29:02AM -0400, Marvin Dickens wrote:

> Now, Interpolation is the art of generating missing pixels - read guessing
> what the pixel should look like and where is should go. - So even with
> really, really good firmware, it's a hit or miss proposition. The software is
> guessing where the pixels that CCD head that is driven by stepper motor
> missed between micro steps. Regardless of what any manufacturer or sales
> person says, software with fractal interpolation capability that cost a
> couple of hundred dollars interpolates poorly. Good interpolation cost
> real money: 10K USD and up.

In my opinion, interpolation is interpolation and therefore mostly useless
since it cannot produce detail which has not been acquired from the real
world. It's pure illusion. And I don't see where one would really need
interpolation - if you need it, you probably did something wrong in the
first place.

I'm not a professional photographer though.

Bye, Tino.