[Scribus] templates and templates

Marvin Dickens marvindickens
Wed May 4 04:46:57 CEST 2005

Well, I've just finished a non trivial document using 1.3. The document itself
was 2 US letter size pages and consisted of 2578 words, quite a few tables,
a couple of tiff images, a few boxes, lots of lines and other formating
options.

This document is part of the technical documentation for a new product that we
will be shipping in August of this year. I was interested in knowing if
Scribus was capable of replacing our closed DTP solution - It can, beyond any
doubt, replace it.  Anyway, we sent the resulting PDF to our printing house
and they had absolutely NO PROBLEM at all with the document. We are pleased
and I express my gratitude to the Scribus team for this piece of fine
software!

I do, however, have a couple of questions revolving around development time
lines:

1.) What is a realistic date for a 1.4 release?

2.) Are there plans for get-text regarding a better understanding of formating
of OpenOffice/StarOffice documents?

3.) Large chunks of text contained in a text frames are challenging to deal
with do to performance issues (3GHZ CPU, 1GIG RAM). What are the best
methodologies to employ in order to minimize the effects associated with this
issue? Will this issue be addressed 1.4 or 1.6?

Best regards and thanks for the great work!

Marvin Dickens