[Scribus] Scribus and CMYK PDF

andreas.speck at tiscali.co.uk andreas.speck
Tue May 3 14:12:15 CEST 2005

Hi all,
  before I finally move to Scribus (from Quark) with all our publications,
I need to be sure that CMYK works fine. I tried today with PDF X/3, and color
management enabled, and opted vor EuroscaleCoated v2 as ICC profile, and
it looked fine. ImageMagick (identify -verbose) tells me that the resulting
PDF is CMYK, although I tried with one image in the document that was CMYK,
and a second image that originally was RGB (which I normally wouldn't do).
Colors don't look brilliant on screen (using Acrobat Reader 7.0 for Linux),
but good enough for what we are doing.
  My main question: can I rely on what ImageMagick is telling me (which basically
means does Scribus really convert RGB to CMYK on the fly)? Not that I want
to use RGB images (I can convert them before), but it made me wonder how
reliable the information from ImageMagick is.

So much.
Andreas

Book yourself something to look forward to in 2005.
Cheap flights - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/travel/flights/
Bargain holidays - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/travel/holidays/