[Scribus] word wrap error

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sun May 1 23:38:54 CEST 2005

Craig Bradney wrote:

>Try a search and replace before or after your import for "  " with " ".
>Whether or not there is an issue on wrapping, you dont want them in the
>middle of your lines either.

I've thought about this, but if that's the recommendation, then really
everyone should do this on every text file, in which case maybe it
should be a built-in process on text frame import.  One problem with
double spaces is that they're hard to see, especially with a
I also have a hard time understanding when would be the situation that
one would *want* a double space divided in the middle.  In the middle of
a line, it would not be as distracting as on the front end, and an extra
space at the end of a left-justified text line is invisible.

A final thought: fully-justified text should have a space at the end of
a line or the beginning of the next, if it works analogously to the
left-justified algorithm as it exists.  Now I presume it doesn't, so
you're saying that for fully-justified text, it is logical for Scribus
not to display that space, yet it is also logical with left-justified
text for Scribus to display a double space and split it in the middle at
the end of a line.

At the moment I don't anticipate sending work to a printer, but I can
imagine someone gnashing their teeth after getting a large print job
back and finding a space inadvertently at the beginning of a line
somewhere.  Not the end of the world, but you can't help but think it
reflects on the quality of your work to have something like that happen.

TPFKAG