[Scribus] Font change requestor

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sun May 1 23:19:27 CEST 2005

Riku Leino wrote:

>William H Lugg <wlugg at falconbroadband.net> wrote:
>

>>Yeah, I saw that, but it left me wondering what "easier" means.  Perhaps I
>>worded the question wrong.
>>

>Enabling some easy way of selecting a bold/italic etc. font for families where
>these exist. There has been quite a few requests for this and I think there's
>a wiki discussion page set up for this too.

I wonder how difficult it would be to do the following:

1. Continue to have the current situation, which we might call the "long
form" as one alternative.

2. Create an additional user-selectable "short form", in which there is
only one listing for each typeface: eg, Luxi Sans, Luxi Serif, Nimbus
Roman, etc.  Where a bold version is available, a button could be
clicked, if not the button would be greyed out (unclickable).  Another
positive side effect would be to dramatically shorten the font list.

TPFKAG