[Scribus] Font change requestor

Craig Bradney cbradney
Sun May 1 22:39:31 CEST 2005

On Sunday 01 May 2005 22:18, William H Lugg wrote:
> Yeah, I saw that, but it left me wondering what "easier" means.  Perhaps I
> worded the question wrong.

Typically a WP will give you font name and B I U options etc. They will often
create fake versions of the fonts. Scribus does not do that at all and leaves
you to select the actual versions of what you have installed.

My plans are to have a font name selector, a weight and slant selector,
probably all comboboxes. Names can be separated out, and the weights and
slants will be filled with Bold/Bolder/Thin/Condensed etc Italic/Oblique/etc
of the versions you have installed. There are plenty of options and nothing
is set in stone.

These changes are waiting on other font work and while I made a working
prototype for this in December or January, I'm waiting for some more progress
on that side before continuing.

Craig