[Scribus] word wrap error

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sun May 1 17:16:46 CEST 2005

This is something I've just noticed, though I presume it's has been
there for some time.
Using the 1.2.2cvs (21 April), when the text needs to wrap in a frame
between sentences, it may wrap with the next line having a leading space.

I'm not sure about the UK, but I know in the US, typists/word processors
usually put two spaces between sentences, and this is perhaps where
Scribus has a problem.  Since we're in such a habit of typing two spaces
between sentences, Scribus needs to allow for this.

I know Latex takes care of this, so the default English behavior is to
put a "double" space (em space in typography?) between sentences
regardless of what was typed.  In French, the default is a "single"
space.  The line break needs to come at whatever is the end of this spacing.

TPFKAG