[Scribus] Win32 port

Paul paul
Thu Mar 31 16:43:33 CEST 2005

Hi,

> why not rely on the (existing) pdf export and let acrobat reader worry about
> handling the GDI and other intricacies that the windows user may have
> configured?

I'd prefer not to. I don't like having to rely on a third party
application when the maker of said application is a company who produces
a rival DTP package.

Remember, moving Scribus to Win32 will open a vast market and in that
vast market, it has to be able to stand on it's own two feet and if a
company goes "oh look, it's relying on Acrobat", then we lose out as the
next step is "why not just use InDesign"?

Sad, but it's the way of things.

TTFN

Paul
--
"It is often said that something cannot be libel if it is the truth.
This has had to be amended to 'something cannot be libel if it is the