[Scribus] Page numbering

Craig Bradney cbradney
Mon Mar 28 19:09:48 CEST 2005

Hi

> I've been a happy user of scribus for a while now. Nice to finally dump
> windoze. I like this better than pagemaker or quark in a lot of ways.
>
> Anyway, I'm stuck at inserting a magic page number in my newsletter.

Control # on 1.2.x, or if your keyboard layout wont allow that, then reprogram
it under Edit->Keyboard Shortcuts

> I'm using v1.2.1 on a gentoo x86 box. On a (perhaps) related topic, why do
> all the help docos I've found seem to relate to a different version? Am I
> missing something?

Go to Help, Manual. Docs there are about 1.2.x

> For example, docs say, 'edit... preferences...' but, I have preferences
> under 'settings'. Nor do I seem to get a list of keyboard shortcuts. Why?

They do? They need updating, but depends which ones you are talking about. In
1.3 its back under Edit Preferences after some settings reorganisation.

> Anwyay, do I have any keyboard shortcuts available? If so, where is the
> list?

Edit->Keyboard Shortcuts perhaps?

> Oh, and can I enter non-keyboard characters directly in the text somehow?

F12 to select unicode character mode and type in the 4 digit hex code, or go
into edit mode then Extras->Insert Special and then you can insert any glyph
in the font.

Craig