[Scribus] Win32 port

Paul paul
Sat Mar 26 23:22:57 CET 2005

Hi,

> Hi Paul! Really glad to read of your interest and commitment!

It is time I was committed. Mmmmm, padded walls....

> Please
> count me in as a tester. Also, I have also been looking at cups and
> wondered if it may be nice to have a working recipe/port of that for
> win32?

There is already a port of CUPS for win32. As I've said on my blog, the
problem I can foresee is that Win32 users would rather stick with the
mess of a print system than move to CUPS. To that end, I'll see what I
can get going natively under Win32. It will be probably the largest
hurdle to getting Scribus onto Win32.

> Do you think it would still be kind of a put-off even if we got
> it fairly smoothed out into something easier to install?

Yes. Face it. How many Win32 users opt of OpenOffice over MS Office,
Eudora over Outhouse and Firefox over IE? Makes sod all difference how
easy it is to install.

> P.S. Had you noticed the apparent interest in the win32 pages at the
> Wiki? Just check out the Special/Popular Pages to see that all three
> pages referencing win32 are in the top 10, with the page for installing
> 1.2.1 being the very top (just below the home page of course). :)

Can't say I've been on the wiki for ages now - I keep loosing my
username and password!

TTFN

Paul
--
"It is often said that something cannot be libel if it is the truth.
This has had to be amended to 'something cannot be libel if it is the