[Scribus] Templates are a mystery!

John Pedersen john
Thu Mar 24 02:18:20 CET 2005

I'm new to Scribus, and much of it is impressive, but some of it is a
mystery to me.

I create a template, thus: start with a plain, standard page, add some
guides, then "Save as template" (giving it a name, specifying that is
should live in the "Own Templates" group, etc)

Now, after this, if I begin a brand new document "New from template",
there is my template--WONDERFUL!

However, if I take a plain page and try "Apply templates" the only
choice of template is "Normal" (which is not even an official
template; at least it's not one of the choices when you use "New from
template")

In the same way, when you try "Edit templates", the only choice is
"Normal".

Same thing, if you try to insert page, and you only have a choice of
"Normal".

Obviously I must be missing something, and I'm sure I'll feel
incredibly stupid when somebody tells me....but I give up!  Are there
two separate mystery vaults for the templates?

John